« Home | sure I'll serve-BUT.... » | He has clothed me with the garments of salvation!!! » | Christian Romance Novels and the Gospel.... » | emotional modesty part 1... » | modesty survey.... » | modesty-not JUST for sundays.... » | there were People like me...(Part 2 of 2) » | there were people like me...(1 of 2) » | erasing shadows.... » | 730ish days ago.... »

O Sinful Heart...

A friend of mine recently posted this on a group blog, and I thought to post part of it, as I was greatly encouraged/affected/reminded of the gospel in reading it.

"I think that I make to many decisions based on how I feel. If I let myself become informed by subjectivity, it will only lead to despair in a fallen world. Yet at times I cannot alleviate this weight that presses in on me so. My heart yearns to be joyful, but it as if my sin will not allow it. I begin to preach myself the Gospel again, but its foundation has been loosened in my life because of sin. It has almost lost its effect. How can I profess something that my life does not support? How can I call myself a child of God and yet live as a forsaken one? How can I sing a lyric that proclaims the sinner that I once was, when I am that now? O' sinful heart, you bring me to despair. I cannot bear my own deceitfulness."

I've gotta say, I think that our theological heroes would be pleased with the biblical accuarcy and heartfelt honesty that is written here. Even more, I think that God the Father is pleased that the writer here so understands the effects of sin, the still deceitfulness of a believers heart, and our continued inability to do anything about it apart from grace.

To read the full post, click here.

HT: Single Focus